Chinese School of San Diego is very proud to have earned recognition from several San Diego County school districts. Participating students may transfer their grades and earn Foreign Language credit for their school. Approved by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Schools
- 533 Airport Blvd., Suite 200
- Burlingame, CA 94010-2009
- Phone (650) 696-1060
Eligible school districts to join the program:
Escondido Union High School District
Grossmont Union School District
- subject to each individual high school
Poway Unified School District
San Diego Unified School District
San Dieguito Unified School District
- Please check with CSSD office
We are also a member of Southern California Council of Chinese Schools. We are also a registered California Department of Education Heritage School.
- Chinese Youth and Teen Mandarin Classes
- Chinese Youth and Teen Cantonese Classes
- Complete 140 hours of classroom instruction. (SDUSD)
- Complete 5 hours of Chinese Cultural Activities (may earn up to 14 Chinese Cultural Hours per SDUSD).
- 1 hour must be from Pen Pal program correspondence activity.
- Grade A 90-100%
- Grade B 80-89%
- Grade C 70-79%
- Grade D 60-69%
- Grade F 59-0%, includes students not completing school year or who fail to take their final exam.
- Student’s grades are dependent upon weekly quizzes, homework, attendance, class participation, and demonstrated competency on oral and written exams.
- Citizenship grades are based upon student’s tardiness, turning in homework on time, poor attendance, and classroom / school behavior. Grades are Excellent (E), Good (G), Satisfactory (S), and Unsatisfactory (U).
- Weekly attendance is mandatory.
- Class instruction is every Saturday morning from 8:30am to 12:00pm.
- Without prior Principal approval, students absent for more than 10 hours per semester will result in immediate disqualification from High School Credit Program.
Registration & Withdrawal
- Students should notify CSSD Administration of intent to participate within first two weeks of the semester.
- Students must notify School Vice Principal intent of withdraw from high school credit program.
Chinese School of San Diego Mandatory Requirements
- Report cards are mailed directly to individual high schools at the end of each semester.
- Students must follow Chinese School of San Diego school rules and policies.
- Pay High School Credit tuition fee.
- Participate in Chinese Cultural Credit (Complete Blue Form & return to Vice Principal).
- Participate in CSSD Pen Pal program.
- Students are responsible for picking up any necessary forms (e.g. Off Campus Study Form or the Independent Study Form) from their individual school’s counselor office.
- Students are responsible for verifying the status of grade and credit transfer with their high school counselor.